IsolatedPawn

Toldsted

Yes

PLXMN2
No
PLXMN2
In blitz and bullet ok
Toldsted

Center game is a fine opening way over +2000 (I play it occasionally) and it is a great opening to learn the basics of chess. So it is perfect for beginners and on.

AngryPuffer

if you play the center game you gotta know how to play openings that transition into different openings

or gambit a pawn after 3.c3 and 4.Nxc3

maafernan

Hi! The center game looks OK to me but in the long run perhaps other openings would be more advisable for developing players like the Italian Game or Spanish Game.

Good luck!

Poweranony

Center game with Qxd4? i find it OK. After nc6 you can play either Qe3 or Qc4 (the hall variation) Just don't go Qd1?! Because it undevelops the queen to a passive square

WCPetrosian

I play the Center Game sometimes. I play either 4 Qe3 (the main move and best) or 4 Qa4 (for variety against a repeat opponent). It's not a tier 1 opening but It's ok and opponents usually don't know it.

dfgh123

It depends if you want to follow the rule of don't bring your Queen out too early in the opening, I play the Scandinavian and its not very pleasant to play because it breaks the queen rule.

Camdenba

I prefer playing the danish gambit, a variation of the center game which goes e4 e5 d4 exd4 c3 you just have to be aware of transposition into the french defense. Also, side note, e4 e5 d4 f6?? Does not work because dxe5 fxe5 Qh5+!

Forum-Legende
Volg
Nuwe Kommentare
Geslote Onderwerp
Vasgepende Onderwerp