Forums

Last Friday's Set--The Pieces of the Petropolis 1973 Interzonal

Sort:
cgrau

Some photos of the 1973 Petropolis Interzonal set.

cgrau

null

cgrau

null

Nic_Olas

Cool post! You have some skittles or just going over the tournament material? I am searching for some people in Portland, Maine to do something like this weekly.

UpcountryRain

Nice set, Chuck! The pieces are nice but the pawn really caught my eye.

cgrau
Thanks, Nic. My friend and I have been playing and drinking beer Friday nights for years.
cgrau
Thanks, Up! The pawn's stem is unique.
liml

This is a good looking set. I like the knight. I am curious what kind of wood was used for the dark pieces. 

I think we have the same chess table. Is that from HOS?

magictwanger

Nice looking set! Always nice to see your posts....Btw,I assume you need to dust off that fine collection pretty often?-happy.png

Fer8799

Nice, thanks for sharing!!

cgrau
liml wrote:

This is a good looking set. I like the knight. I am curious what kind of wood was used for the dark pieces. 

I think we have the same chess table. Is that from HOS?

Yes, that's the same table.

The dark pieces are Brazilian walnut. I have to check about the white ones.

cgrau
magictwanger wrote:

Nice looking set! Always nice to see your posts....Btw,I assume you need to dust off that fine collection pretty often?-

I dust every few months. It's not that hard. I run a HEPA air filter 24/7 and it suppresses the dust. Keeping the proper levels of humidity is more work.

cgrau
Fer8799 wrote:

Nice, thanks for sharing!!

Thanks, Fer, and you're very welcome.

ronwest911

Chuck - don't want to derail the discussion on the beautiful Petropolis set but could you share your experiences with maintaining humidity in a winter climate?

cgrau
ronwest911 wrote:

Chuck - don't want to derail the discussion on the beautiful Petropolis set but could you share your experiences with maintaining humidity in a winter climate?

I keep a humidifier running that allows me to pretty much set the humidity level.

cgrau

The other knight is from the Mechanics Institute set. It's in the photo because the Petropolis knights reminded me of it.

Pollochef

https://imagebin.ca/v/3oWQmP5RQpr3

Pollochef

Sorry I'm newbie. I don't know use the links. Please send me info about #28 picture. Regards

cgrau

This is the image from #28.

null

It's hard to tell from this picture alone, but it appears it could be a reproduction of a Petropolis. How did you come across the link?

Pollochef

This is from a friend in São Paulo. But he doesn't have another photo. I try to put another much bigger.