Forums

Who Knows When the New DGT 1500 and updated North American will be released?

Sort:
BigLew

The 2024 DGT product guide has both of these supposed new chess clocks pictured and listed yet they are not yet available.  It's already May of 2024.  Who here knows when we can willingly  part with our hard earned money to purchase one?  The new NA is pictured and described on page 14 of the digital copy (24-25)  and the 1500 is on the cover and on page 15 (26-27).

DGT 2024 Product Guide

GeorgeGoodnight

Why not get the 2500?

I like the new modern Staunton eboard set. Tempting.

BigLew
I already have it.
KineticPawn

@BigLew Would you mind posting a review of the Staunton e-board? I'm very curious about it.

BigLew
I don’t have that. I don’t have any e-boards.
GeorgeGoodnight
KineticPawn wrote:

@BigLew Would you mind posting a review of the Staunton e-board? I'm very curious about it.

It's the 2500 that our friend has When I mentioned the Modern Staunton eboard set, I was referring to the upcoming pieces from DGT. I hope that helps.

BigLew
GeorgeGoodnight wrote:
KineticPawn wrote:

It's the 2500 that our friend has When I mentioned the Modern Staunton eboard set, I was referring to the upcoming pieces from DGT. I hope that helps.

Okay, now I see. I have owned the DGT 2500 for over a year. I did post a video review of that clock on You Tube last year when it was brand new.

KineticPawn
BigLew wrote:
I don’t have that. I don’t have any e-boards.

I misunderstood and my brain crossed wires with between 2 separate post of yours. One post was about the HoS eboard being tempting and a later post of you saying ~ "already have it." about something else.

But to your point I'm also curious and tempted by it but I kind of want to wait and see reviews 1st.

Micahsmith

https://www.amazon.com/North-American-Chess-Clock-Timer/dp/B0D7D6FFSS/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?crid=51QV2B0B2F66&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.Jd7saLqhfKxbaD4qZn7qJvfaoBZTTeOn5byCqlp7qCvK8JDdHvIuOafccKnjlMuYwcp4x0o3cK_z3J8s9rk9SerQM2pcENxcZP-j46flHr7LRHZPb2QHMniaUhPPnnRDWZFpERYD57VJEQQErR8tpbAFguRdmQFtil6BPFzpGGgbltUaOqcr4zGhwZ2DoHtKHob8zNZZ3SvcRcWW2AD56Q.6UspUHxDiieJ6qsy2O3QWqMeYV92-pNZyvYzVHVMwNg&dib_tag=se&keywords=dgt+north+american+chess+clock&qid=1720693115&sprefix=dgt+n%2Caps%2C186&sr=8-5

Schachmonkey
Nice update thanks Micah
TundraMike

@Micahsmith What is your opinion of the NA2024?

Micahsmith

I don’t have it but it looks like it’s very similar to the DGT 2500 and if it is, I think it would be a very good clock.

Schachmonkey
I love the notch on the back of that 1500
Micahsmith
TundraMike wrote:

@Micahsmith What is your opinion of the NA2024?

I now have the upgraded version of the DGT NA. My initial impression of it is that it's an excellent clock. I will post a detailed review of it if I get the time.

asdf234
DGT 1500 is supposedly be out by late September. For more info: https://digitalgametechnology.com/dgt1500 It will have US delay instead of Bronstein and will support only one time control as was the case with Easy +. What it offers more than Easy + is the ability to set different starting times. I do not know whether one can increase or decrease time as penalty.
BigLew
asdf234 wrote:
DGT 1500 is supposedly be out by late September. For more info: https://digitalgametechnology.com/dgt1500 It will have US delay instead of Bronstein and will support only one time control as was the case with Easy +. What it offers more than Easy + is the ability to set different starting times. I do not know whether one can increase or decrease time as penalty.

Thanks for the info. However, not to be critical, but only to correct, the DGT Easy+ does allow for separate time controls for each player, so that armagedon and handicap games can be played, it is is the tiny 1000 series that does not. The Easy+ also has US delay and Fischer Increment. Its issue like the old 2010 and North American, is that seconds are not displayed above 20 minutes. Not only that but unlike the 2010/NA seconds cant even be adjusted above 20 minutes, only minutes can. I lie the DGT Easy+ but it seems that the 1500 is going to be a great improvement.

TundraMike

Never have I ordered from Chess Central and never heard of them, they seem to be the only USA seller of the NA 2024.

Can anyone state what service they got shipping and if they had a problem was an item replaced without a hassle? Does not have to be a chess clock I just want to hear what their customer service is like before I buy this chess clock from them.

Very surprised that I could only find one US seller of this clock and some Chess Retailers don't even know this exists.

EwingKlipspringer

only a fool buys from amazon why don't ya kill the world while you're at it

buy house of staunton only