Forums

Dice Chess Online P3

Sort:
alexandermatos

Participation: To play this variant against someone else, just say "sign up." The first two people to sign-up get to play a game of dice chess online.

Rules: Dice chess is a game where each player rolls a pair of ordinary six-sided dice to determine which piece they get to move. Since this game is played online, I will be rolling the dice. Here is a handy chart that should be used to identify which piece you get to move:

1 Pawn
2 Knight
3 Bishop 
4 Rook
5 Queen
6 King
Doubles any legal move

Since I am rolling a pair, you will get to decide which piece to move. For example, if I roll a three and a four, you can either move a bishop or a rook. 

Special Rules: To castle, I must roll a four, six, or double. An en passant move is only possible once someone rolls a 1 or double. A player in check must respond to the check using a piece rolled. If the player does not roll a legal response to the check, he/she is at risk of losing. A player who is not in check but has no legal moves with either of the pieces can play whatever legal move he/she wants.

Rule Changes: Capturing the king is possible when your opponent can't respond to check. Castling out of check is also possible, but the same rules apply when your opponent checks you again.

Please read the rules carefully, especially the special rules. If you have any questions, I will respond to them quickly.

@yujieli is interested in this variant, so she auto signs-up for this game. I am looking for one other player who did not participate in the first two games.

yujieli

Thank you for this

CuriousKush

yujieli

Okay, who plays what color and who may mod the game?

PunchboxNET
@alexandermatos always mods dice chess games and he will tell you what color you are.
yujieli

oh okay, thank you

alexandermatos

@yujieli is white and @CuriousKush is black. The game is 3 days with no vacation time. After 3 days, a player may call out a timeout warning. After a timeout warning is called, a player has got only 24 hours to respond. To prevent abuse, a timeout warning may only be called after 3 days.

yujieli

shall we start?

alexandermatos
yujieli wrote:

shall we start?

The game starts now. 

Dice roll- (6, 6)= (Double). White to move

yujieli

oh, where's the dice role?

yujieli

oh a double, how nice

1. e4

alexandermatos

(2, 3)= (Knight, Bishop). Black to move

CuriousKush

NF6

alexandermatos

(3, 6)= (Bishop, King). White to move

yujieli

So tempting to play the Bongcloud but let's go with

2. Bd3

alexandermatos

(1, 1)= (Double). Black to move

CuriousKush

E4

alexandermatos
CuriousKush wrote:

E4

e4 is not a legal move. @yujieli already moved the pawn up on move one. 

yujieli

probably a typo?

CuriousKush
alexandermatos wrote:

e4 is not a legal move. @yujieli already moved the pawn up on move one. 

By mistake