Forums

Imbalanced Chess: what are the odds that 100 elo win against Magnus Carlsen?

Sort:
Penguin4096
What are the odds that 100 elo wins if he/she is white and magnus is black?
(Obviously this is not a valid imbalance)

Penguin4096

Personally I guess 1/3

nov04-inactive

bruuh Qh5#

T-jankins9522
100 elo probably doesn’t know he can checkmate in this position.
Penguin4096
nov04-inactive 写道:

bruuh Qh5#

yeah, any 600+ rated player finds that. but this guy in white i say is 100 elo

Penguin4096
T-jankins9522 写道:
100 elo probably doesn’t know he can checkmate in this position.

but there are a good oamount of beginners who like to bring out their queen early, so they might play without knowing it was mate.

Archon_Fulminology

if the 100 rated player is white, I'd say it's close to 50/50. Casual players like to bring the queen out early, likes to make 1 mover attacks and checks. The missing pawns on black's side would obviously draw their attention over there. They might not even realize it's mate, but there's basically a red carpet for queen to h5 on the board. If they miss that one chance, it's almost impossible to win, if not straight up impossible.

Penguin4096
Archon_Fulminology 写道:

if the 100 rated player is white, I'd say it's close to 50/50. Casual players like to bring the queen out early, likes to make 1 mover attacks and checks. The missing pawns on black's side would obviously draw their attention over there. They might not even realize it's mate, but there's basically a red carpet for queen to h5 on the board. If they miss that one chance, it's almost impossible to win, if not straight up impossible.

tbh that's a very reasonable. I have a friend who agrees. I feel like it is more like 36%, as there are also 100-rated people who like pushing pawns.

Aserew12phone

90 percent

Penguin4096
Aserew12phone 写道:

90 percent

Sounds a bit high ngl

ShikshaWithPraveen

50/50. a 100 elo would be blind to anything remotely close to a check or a tactic. They just move pieces around randomly not knowing what they did. They're also the kind that don't fully understand how pieces move and would make illegal moves over the board.

Aserew12phone

I played a lot of 100 rated chess and its 90 percent

Penguin4096
Aserew12phone 写道:

I played a lot of 100 rated chess and its 90 percent

Oh... I see.

basketstorm

Stop judging people by their chess.com Elo. Elo is bizarrely distorted here.

Penguin4096
basketstorm 写道:

It's not that distorted.

basketstorm
Penguin4096 wrote:
basketstorm 写道:

It's not that distorted.

It is.

Aserew12phone

At my old School there are a few chess boards and everyone brings out their queen or scandinavian

Penguin4096
Aserew12phone 写道:

At my old School there are a few chess boards and everyone brings out their queen or scandinavian

I see.

Aserew12phone

Those were funny days

Aserew12phone

The room was full of people arguing about en passant