Forums

Is "Ohio Chess" possible?

Sort:
aryany2k

So there is a YouTube video of people playing chess with completely wacked out rules called Chess in Ohio. They use dice, R2D2, Monopoly money, Monopoly houses and hotels, poker, and nerf guns, inverted rooks. I was wondering if a variant of this craziness would be possible to replicate on Chess.com and if they would consider adding it. The comment section has written out rules that go the following:

How to win: checkmate, other player resigns, other player goes bankrupt, and winning by time. Pawns: -can move 1-3 squares on their first move. -also en passant is forced  Knights: -Follow the same rules as normal knights -if they reach the end of the board then they are promoted to unicorn. -unicorns are nights and queens Rooks: -Can be inverted at any time -castling with inverted rooks switches places with the king, you don't need to clear the other pieces -inverted rooks can go off the board Bishops:  -If you get to move 30 and you have the bishops alive, you become the holy roman empire and get a second queen Queen:  -After move 20 you can have a wedding and half of each players pieces leave for 10 moves Cost 1000 monopoly  The kings will be gone so there is no check or mate, basically after this you have to wipe out all of your opponents pieces King: -If you can get your king to the other end of the board then you can make a “keen” which is a queen and a king combined R2D2:  -costs 1.25$. -once bought can be placed on any square on your side of the board -Can see every square, except the king DICE:  -can be rolled after 2 moves each -Makes the piece move the number rolled Poker:  -You can start poker at any time, after 3 moves each -if you win poker you unlock the gun which has 5 bullets for you to shoot any piece. -the dragon/millennium falcon is only a poker betting tool -The more poker chips you have, the higher the elo reward -if you win poker, you get the gun which has 5 shots to the other king  Monopoly money: -At the beginning of the game each of the players start with 2,500 dollars in monopoly money.  -Once the game reaches move 5 you are allowed to buy houses and hotels for your pieces  -houses cost 500$ (monopoly money) -hotels cost 1000$ (monopoly money) -if you capture a piece with a house on it you owe the other player 1000$ (monopoly money). Hotel = 1500$ (monopoly money)

Just a dumb thought I had.

bruhtastics
TF
1joshualijo

It’s only possible in ohio

TomJax12

I am actually working with the creator of the rules and video and giving some suggestions to balance the game and to add some cool and crazy rules lol, he has a subreddit called r/Ohiochess and that's where were talking right now if you're interested happy.png it would be cool to get some more suggestionsΒ 

dagrandmaster12

only in ohio

deadmemer1

No, chess.com, a respectable site that actually has a reputation and makes money, is not going to add a joke variant that's based on a meme that's going to be completely dead in a few years, would take a hell of a long time to code, and is being offensive to people that live in Ohio.

Qyzxt
deadmemer1 wrote:

[It] is offensive to people that live in Ohio.

If my state got its own chess variant, I would be pretty glad, no matter how silly.

deadmemer1
CoolJamesX wrote:
deadmemer1 wrote:

[It] is offensive to people that live in Ohio.

If my state got its own chess variant, I would be pretty glad, no matter how silly.

Not if it was a joke variant made to make fun of your state and everybody who lives there

deadmemer1
strikecounter5 wrote:
deadmemer1 wrote:

No, chess.com, a respectable site that actually has a reputation and makes money, is not going to add a joke variant that's based on a meme that's going to be completely dead in a few years, would take a hell of a long time to code, and is being offensive to people that live in Ohio.

πŸ€“

Β 

ok 183 elo

dagrandmaster12

bro really is a dead memer

deadmemer1
dagrandmaster12 wrote:

nice blitz rating buddy

NOTE: Please respect everybody and don't try any rating-shaming. (Ever notice how a high-level master would never say this?) – rufusmod

Qyzxt
deadmemer1 wrote:
dagrandmaster12 wrote:

nice blitz rating buddy

Instead of retorting with actual points, you choose personal attacks instead...

Chess forums!Β 

Duck

😳

deadmemer1
CoolJamesX wrote:
deadmemer1 wrote:
dagrandmaster12 wrote:

nice blitz rating buddy

Instead of retorting with actual points, you choose personal attacks instead...

Chess forums!Β 

Oh, so "πŸ€“" "go have a social life fr" isn't a personal attack?

deadmemer1
strikecounter5 wrote:
deadmemer1 wrote:
strikecounter5 wrote:
deadmemer1 wrote:

πŸ€“

Β 

ok 183 elo

Β 

Bro mad πŸ˜­πŸ’€Β 

go have a social life fr

Β 

I must have more of a social life than you, you commented on a post of mine like an hour after you said this lmao stalker

A-Grumpy-Cat
Ohio chess has started a war
Lomoin
deadmemer1 wrote:
strikecounter5 wrote:
deadmemer1 wrote:

πŸ€“

Β 

ok 183 elo

go outside bro look at your account

Lomoin
deadmemer1 wrote:
strikecounter5 wrote:
deadmemer1 wrote:
strikecounter5 wrote:
deadmemer1 wrote:

πŸ€“

Β 

ok 183 elo

Β 

Bro mad πŸ˜­πŸ’€Β 

go have a social life fr

Β 

I must have more of a social life than you, you commented on a post of mine like an hour after you said this lmao stalker

"ben dover" "ur mom's house" "m3gan lore" πŸ€“

ParzivalBTW

Can you elaborate

deadmemer1
Lomoin wrote:
deadmemer1 wrote:
strikecounter5 wrote:
deadmemer1 wrote:
strikecounter5 wrote:
deadmemer1 wrote:

πŸ€“

Β 

ok 183 elo

Β 

Bro mad πŸ˜­πŸ’€Β 

go have a social life fr

Β 

"ben dover" "ur mom's house" "m3gan lore" πŸ€“

Why are a bunch of super low elos coming after me?