Forums

45th FIDE Chess Olympiad Budapest 2024: Official Discussion Thread

Sort:
Wind

The 45th FIDE Chess Olympiad has been opened in Budapest, Hungary, with the games starting Wednesday, September 11 at 9am ET / 15:00 CEST / 6:30pm IST.

The Chess Olympiad, held once every two years, is the highest-participation top event in chess, with 380 national teams of five players from almost 200 countries competing in an 11-round tournament played over four boards.

The 45th Chess Olympiad is an 11-round team Swiss tournament played in classical time control. At the end of the event, the team with the most match points wins.

Nations compete for team medals, and players compete for individual medals on their specific board. Nations also win trophies, with the top Open team winning the Hamilton-Russell Cup, the top Women's team winning the Vera Menchik Cup, and the Nona Gaprindashvili trophy going to the nation with the best combined classification in the Open and Women's sections.

You can watch the 45th Chess Olympiad live at ChessTV, Twitch and YouTube.
Find all relevant links below and use the comments for discussion on the event.

Zunayed_781038

Hello 👋🏻

Hell_DDemon6466

cool

CoachTortoise

Musings on the 45th Chess Olympiad in Budapest

https://youtu.be/1UhF7OGf4dY?si=P8uTyBrt4Zz6Ypo3

ZOUBIDA32

1 month free
DISCORD124-VQ9JS

x6px

When Did I Ask

TheMidnightExpress12

Awesome

Jenium

Is Hammer covering Anna Cramling?

medelpad
#6 thank you
Satoru_GojoMukagen
ZOUBIDA32 wrote:

1 month free
DISCORD124-VQ9JS

what is that?

Khang18cm

Jsạ

HendrianJT

GG!

QathetMike
Jenium wrote:

Is Hammer covering Anna Cramling?

Yes- and Pia as well.

QathetMike

Team Canada open side won their 4 games

and Team Sweden Women's side won their 4 games as well

I hope to find a quicker way to find the groups that I want to watch.

Ended up doing a lot of scrolling.

Wind
QathetMike wrote:

I hope to find a quicker way to find the groups that I want to watch.

Thank you for sharing this @QathetMike! Especially helpful information that we've missed.

I've added an instruction link to the bottom of the OP with an instruction. happy.png

DreamscapeHorizons

It's ridiculous that Russia ain't in it. The chess players haven't done anything wrong.

ROBERTUSHAO

Hello

DreamscapeHorizons

Pia and Anna are on the same team, that's great.

xtreme2020

I want to watch GM Neiksans' game live, but he isnt on the "games" page of the olympiad, so how would I do that or is it impossible?

RyanZ_MD

Is he even playing