Forums

500-700 are they now stronger than before?

Sort:
mateuszwieru

I have been offline on chess.com, trying to study for my exams but I came back after 3 months to see that the 500-800 level player are now a LOT better than before, did some update wreak the point system? or are some of my opponents using AI? or am I just rubbish at chess now (I was a 900 before I stopped playing, Today I have 524 and will probably lose some more points).

MylesPJ08

Dont be one of the people that accuses everyone of cheating, cheating is more common in lower levels like where you are(at least from my experience) but don't think everyone is cheating, because if you do then when you see a move you didn't expect you thing automatically is a top engine mve then you get real sad and end up blundering

mateuszwieru

I am not accusing anybody of cheating but like you said it is a possibility that people can cheat and with the development of AI, it will become even more likely.

llama_l

You took a 3 month break and now you're worse... that's the expected outcome for any skill, not just chess.

mateuszwieru
llama_l wrote:

You took a 3 month break and now you're worse... that's the expected outcome for any skill, not just chess.

Sounds about right, but still before I left 700s used to blunder queens

llama_l

Everyone blunders queens, it just depends how much pressure you can put on them.

You can find videos of top GMs blundering mate in 1 in rapid games... but only when their opponent is also a top GM.

RageDeboi

Oohhhhhhh yeahhhhh

Ataraxxxia
definitely yes
mateuszwieru

Ye

IB-Extremist-1933
mateuszwieru wrote:

I have been offline on chess.com, trying to study for my exams but I came back after 3 months to see that the 500-800 level player are now a LOT better than before, did some update wreak the point system? or are some of my opponents using AI? or am I just rubbish at chess now (I was a 900 before I stopped playing, Today I have 524 and will probably lose some more points).

Oh wow, it sounds like you’ve really hit a rough patch there, haven’t you? Three months off to study for exams, and now you come back to find the chess world has just completely transformed around you. I mean, who could’ve thought that time away from the board might actually have consequences? Shocking, really!

Let’s not beat around the bush—your skill level has obviously dropped. It’s almost as if stepping away from practicing your game for a while can lead to, I don’t know, getting worse? It’s a wild concept, I know! You’ve dropped from a solid 900 to a staggering 524. Wow, maybe there’s a hidden talent in your opponent’s chess skills that has nothing to do with you at all!

But really, can we talk about this notion that the point system must be broken or that your opponents are using AI? Because, clearly, it can’t possibly be that you just need to get back to basics and, you know, practice your game. Heaven forbid you just accept that you might need to put in some effort to catch up to those pesky 500-800 players who have suddenly become, like, actual threats. How dare they improve while you were off hitting the books!

So here’s a thought: instead of blaming updates or AI, maybe take a good hard look in the mirror. If you were once a 900-rated player, surely you had some skill at some point, right? But apparently, that’s all gone now! If you want to reclaim your spot in the chess world, you’re going to have to get back to studying your openings and tactics. I mean, what did you expect? Chess is a game of constant learning and practice—sorry if that’s too harsh for your exam-studying self!

So, go on, embrace the grind! Who knows, with a bit of effort, you might just find your way back to some semblance of competence. Or at the very least, you’ll provide entertainment for all those newly-improved players while you figure things out! Good luck with that!

BadPlayerEasyToBeat
I have a theory. If all the 500-700’s (ME) are getting better simultaneously, then, although they are better, everyone else is too, causing rating deflation (basically ratings being worth more). You weren’t getting better while everyone else was. Therefore, that would be the reason why the 500-700’s seem stronger, cause they are. But that’s just a theory. A CHESS THEO- ok fine I’ll stop.
Caffeineed
Yes. Site is loaded with cheaters. I could not have gotten 50% worse
punchdrunkpatzer
IB-Egotism-3794 wrote:
llama_l wrote:

Everyone blunders queens, it just depends how much pressure you can put on them.

You can find videos of top GMs blundering mate in 1 in rapid games... but only when their opponent is also a top GM.

Oh, everyone blunders queens, do they? How utterly profound. Thank you, Socrates of chess, for that enlightening wisdom. I suppose I’ll sleep better tonight knowing that top GMs occasionally have a human moment—how comforting for the rest of us mortals scraping the bottom of the barrel. But let’s get one thing straight: you’re not a top GM, and you’re not even remotely close to one. So the fact that you're blundering queens left and right isn’t some noble shared experience with the grandmasters—it’s just proof that you're an absolute amateur who can’t keep track of basic material.

Do you actually think you’re putting ‘pressure’ on anyone? The only pressure here is the strain on my patience listening to this drivel. Top GMs blunder when playing against other top GMs, under intense, complex situations that would melt your feeble brain in seconds. You, on the other hand, are blundering in your little sandbox games against players who probably forget how knights move half the time.

So, please, spare me the ‘even the best make mistakes’ nonsense. You’re not the best. You’re not even close. You’re the human equivalent of a chess tutorial pop-up message—annoying, repetitive, and easily dismissed.

This is chat GPT. lol write your own comments

IB-Extremist-1933
punchdrunkpatzer wrote:
IB-Egotism-3794 wrote:
llama_l wrote:

Oh, everyone blunders queens, do they? How utterly profound. Thank you, Socrates of chess, for that enlightening wisdom. I suppose I’ll sleep better tonight knowing that top GMs occasionally have a human moment—how comforting for the rest of us mortals scraping the bottom of the barrel. But let’s get one thing straight: you’re not a top GM, and you’re not even remotely close to one. So the fact that you're blundering queens left and right isn’t some noble shared experience with the grandmasters—it’s just proof that you're an absolute amateur who can’t keep track of basic material.

Do you actually think you’re putting ‘pressure’ on anyone? The only pressure here is the strain on my patience listening to this drivel. Top GMs blunder when playing against other top GMs, under intense, complex situations that would melt your feeble brain in seconds. You, on the other hand, are blundering in your little sandbox games against players who probably forget how knights move half the time.

So, please, spare me the ‘even the best make mistakes’ nonsense. You’re not the best. You’re not even close. You’re the human equivalent of a chess tutorial pop-up message—annoying, repetitive, and easily dismissed.

Oh, please. It’s really not that complicated. This isn’t some high-tech conspiracy involving ChatGPT or anything like that. It’s just a simple case of human misunderstanding, and you’re just looking for someone to blame. Maybe if you paid a bit more attention, you'd realize it's not all about you. But hey, keep making it about ChatGPT if that makes you feel better.

punchdrunkpatzer
IB-Egotism-3794 wrote:
llama_l wrote:

I just took a look at your profile.

Not only are you sandbagging in bullet, but what on earth is that club you're in. I'm pretty sure the background image of that clubroom violates chess.com's TOS.

IB-Extremist-1933
punchdrunkpatzer wrote:
IB-Egotism-3794 wrote:
llama_l wrote:

I just took a look at your profile.

Not only are you sandbagging in bullet, but what on earth is that club you're in. I'm pretty sure the background image of that clubroom violates chess.com's TOS.

The club operates entirely within the boundaries of the Terms of Service, ensuring that all content shared and discussed adheres to the established guidelines. Our discussions focus on fostering a positive and inclusive environment, prioritizing respect and understanding among members. We engage in conversations that promote community building and mutual support, steering clear of any graphic or inappropriate material.

punchdrunkpatzer
IB-Extremist-1933 wrote:
punchdrunkpatzer wrote:
IB-Egotism-3794 wrote:
llama_l wrote:

Oh, please. It’s really not that complicated. This isn’t some high-tech conspiracy involving ChatGPT or anything like that. It’s just a simple case of human misunderstanding, and you’re just looking for someone to blame. Maybe if you paid a bit more attention, you'd realize it's not all about you. But hey, keep making it about ChatGPT if that makes you feel better.

Lol, you're a member of a scat fan club that's clearly against TOS with three other admins named IB-extremist and Ib something else. I'm halfway sure that each of these accounts were created to respond to comments in the character they're named after.

punchdrunkpatzer

lol i will and i encourage everyone in this forum to do the same.

IB-Extremist-1933
punchdrunkpatzer wrote:

lol i will and i encourage everyone in this forum to do the same.

The report is unfounded because it lacks substantial evidence and relies on vague claims that do not align with the established facts. Upon closer examination, the allegations made do not hold up under scrutiny and fail to demonstrate any direct correlation to the actions or behaviors in question. Additionally, all relevant documentation and testimonies have been reviewed, reinforcing that the situation has been misrepresented and misunderstood. Therefore, the report appears to be based on speculation rather than factual accuracy.

punchdrunkpatzer

well, i dont know how to report clubs, so i guess you're safe for now