Forums

Draw!?

Sort:
IamNotSUSuARE

So...
No matter the move order if the same position is repeated three times somehow its a draw?
Our school chess teacher said the same positions should be repeated three times in a row to be a draw lol.
I am confused

Martin_Stahl
IamNotSUSuARE wrote:

So...
No matter the move order if the same position is repeated three times somehow its a draw?
Our school chess teacher said the same positions should be repeated three times in a row to be a draw lol.
I am confused

If the same position, with all pieces on the same squares, with all possible moves available in each position, and the same side to move each time appears three or more times, a draw can be claimed. Here, in live games, it's automatically drawn.

It doesn't matter how many moves there are between the positions as long as all other conditions are met.

GabeMiami10

yeah you moved a pawn which disrputed the repetition

IamNotSUSuARE
Martin_Stahl wrote:
IamNotSUSuARE wrote:

So...
I am confused

If the same position, with all pieces on the same squares, with all possible moves available in each position, and the same side to move each time appears three or more times, a draw can be claimed. Here, in live games, it's automatically drawn.

It doesn't matter how many moves there are between the positions as long as all other conditions are met.

Ah okay

magipi
IamNotSUSuARE wrote:

I am confused

I really hope that the guy is not a chess teacher.

IamNotSUSuARE
magipi wrote:
IamNotSUSuARE wrote:

I am confused

I really hope that the guy is not a chess teacher.

LOL