Forums

Hikaru hits 3400 on blitz

Sort:
medelpad

title

KeSetoKaiba

Crazy! Really? I know he was over 3500 bullet at one point, but over 3400 blitz is crazy strong! @Hikaru just keeps the rating going up!

Zercs69

Props to the man, speed chess king no doubt

medelpad
PogosBest wrote:

He gets that high by farming lower rated players so, it's a bogus high score ratings.

Still an incredible achivement

Zunayed_781038

Yeah

TheBestChessPlayer

Krammnick was right (im tryuing to make someone mad)

Zunayed_781038

Lol

Zunayed_781038

Isaac Kapoor???

TrickyKnight001
I check it out and this is not right. I take a look at his achievements! Lier @medelpad! You want a popular forum post? Then post something true! Not a lie!
MaetsNori
chessdragon91 wrote:
I check it out and this is not right. I take a look at his achievements! Lier @medelpad! You want a popular forum post? Then post something true! Not a lie!

Look at Hikaru's blitz stats. His blitz rating peaked at 3405 yesterday (February 9, 2024).

Uhohspaghettio1
PogosBest wrote:

He gets that high by farming lower rated players so, it's a bogus high score ratings.

The minimum rated player Hikaru needs to get +1 elo is around 2900 so not exactly fish. I believe Kramnik is around 2900 along with many good grandmasters, so Nakamura should be able to beat Kramnik about 15 out of 16 times in blitz, which is a little crazy.

According to the Elo system he should get the same rating by playing higher rated players - he would win less but gain a lot more rating points per win (or lose less if he lost). So while you might have philosophical issues with him if he is playing lower rated players all the time, it doesn't debunk or even challenge the high rating he has gotten whatsoever. Keep in mind also that when you're talking over 3000 rated players there's only a handful of them in the whole world, you expect them to always be on and available for Hikaru to play blitz with? Though it may not seem like it to lower rated players who can instantly get a game, for the higher rated ones they run out out of opponents.

The percentage of time even a streamer is online ready to play your exact time limit in blitz time is going to be small. And Hikaru can't be waiting around for hours for Caruana or someone to play. Meanwhile 2900 players are I would imagine falling over themselves to play who is very possibly the best blitz player of all time. That is why he plays lower rated players a lot more.

Nepotamy

he still has 100 IQ

medelpad
#16 Beating 2800s like 30,40 even 50 times in a row is unreal. There is a reason he’s the only one who has made it to 3400, although I don’t doubt someone like Magnus would be able to do it aswell.
medelpad
chessdragon91 wrote:

You have hit 1100 on blitz but you are no longer that, does it mean that you never was that rating?

VenemousViper
chessdragon91 wrote:

Can be turned around :

I check it out and this is not right. I take a look at his achievements! Lier @chessdragon91! You want a popular forum comment? Then post something true! Not a lie!

TrickyKnight001
#20 no, sorry my chess.com didn't update and see the older rating at Hikaru's account. Sorry. 😔
TrickyKnight001
#21 sorry. 😔
medelpad
#22 no problem man 👍
RideZen2

Whoa!

NoobPlayer69_Godlevel

Actually he never