Forums

I Finally Got Out of 100 ELO!

Sort:
noobtrainee

With some help from the community, I finally went from 100 elo and made it to 220 elo currently. Massive increase so pretty happy that I'm winning games.

Still not sure why I can completely destroy the 1500 bot called Antonio but lose to 200 elo players. Why are the chess bots just extremely inaccurate in their listed rating?

noobtrainee

And for that matter, Stockfish 5 on Lichess wasn't that bad either which is rumored to have ~1700 elo rating. It wasn't easy for me but still manageable. But someone should do something about these overly inflated bot levels.

Aryanc0958

I think the elo for you and for other people is not correctly measured. In other world, people with your elo or you yourself are all better than your elo. I beat a 1300 bot and im rated 332.

Johninabox1337
Elo?
Aryanc0958

elo is the rating of players

youjustlost1234

Good job! Just yesterrdayy, I was able to get to over 200 elo, too. To be honest, I think I should be rated 500 to 800 elo but I haven't been playing many rapid games lately. Also, I find that >1000 bots are easy. For example, the Mr. Beast bot could have checkmated me in a couple moves but he didn't, allowing me to checkmate him. 

da_phoenix14159

im at around 680 elo but i can beat the 1800 elo bot. why are these bots so easy to beat?

da_phoenix14159

i agree with you Aryanc0958 i think the elo of real people is not correctly measured

xtreme2020
Elo is a comparative measure, so it has to be the bots that’s incorrectly measured. Your elo is a skill where you have a 50% win rate, it can’t be wrong or wrongly measured.
xtreme2020
Also everyone knows the bots are ridiculously overrated
magipi
xtreme2020 wrote:
Elo is a comparative measure, so it has to be the bots that’s incorrectly measured. Your elo is a skill where you have a 50% win rate, it can’t be wrong or wrongly measured.

They are not measured anyhow. Their "rating" is not a rating at all, just a meaningless number written there. Win or lose, it never changes. The number written there can be complete nonsense, like 1 or 0 or a billion.

xtreme2020
It’s a number that symbolizes comparatively what their skill is at chess. Sure, if you don’t care about it it doesn’t matter but me personally I do, and considering they’re trying to say it’s rigged against them I’d guess they do also.