Forums

Struggling in otb even though i am 2200 rapid online (i am 1600 fide)

Sort:
AOT_LeviAckerman

Struggling in otb even though i am 2200 online i am 1600 fide. losing to 1500 -1600 in fide .Are 1600 elo fide really so strong or i am lacking in otb skills?

Ludo2001Aube

I know about the gap between online play and over-the-board (OTB) play, but it usually doesn't exceed 300 Elo points (on Chess.com). A 700 Elo difference seems unusual. Personally, I find OTB play more difficult than online, since I learned and played chess exclusively online and rarely handled the pieces. This really threw me off when I joined my club last year. For you, it might be due to that as well.

AOT_LeviAckerman
Ludo2001Aube wrote:

I know about the gap between online play and over-the-board (OTB) play, but it usually doesn't exceed 300 Elo points (on Chess.com). A 700 Elo difference seems unusual. Personally, I find OTB play more difficult than online, since I learned and played chess exclusively online and rarely handled the pieces. This really threw me off when I joined my club last year. For you, it might be due to that as well.

yes

medelpad
Sad thing is that in India, 2200 could very well be 1600 as the player pool there is ridiculously strong