Forums

The best opening for players rated 900 and less

Sort:
Narendranc

Which is the best opening for players rated 900 and less. 

Johan201023TwitchChannel

Narendranc

Thanks 

cR1NN

the best opening for <=900 is the one where you know where pieces are usually being hung

23Dragons

just try c6 as black, it's a very solid opening, and e4 as white. No need to worry about d4 when you're so low rated, i've never seen it that down in the ranks before.

ooooeeeeooeeoe

The Above One From White ll

and the above is the best defence from black Thank you 

ooooeeeeooeeoe

Just Try To Have Your Pieces Controlled On e4 d4 e5 d5 thanks and in the opening dont move your pieces twice thanks

Narendranc

Thank you so much everyone 

Anonymous_Dragon

Go for e4 openings.

legend_breaker

FOR ME REALLY LIKE THE VIENNA

Ziryab

Every standard opening is best. Your games are lost through tactical blunders. Choose an opening that forces you to improve tactics if you want to progress in the game.

s9075895

thank you all for that because i am an 818 in tournaments and i am only a fourth grader. is there any new openings that i could use?

Ziryab

Play only the openings that Greco played. https://www.chessgames.com/player/gioachino_greco.html

ChessMasteryOfficial

Focus on openings that prioritize simple development, solid pawn structures and avoid falling into early traps or tactical pitfalls.

ChessDummy12370
ooooeeeeooeeoe wrote:

The Above One From White ll

and the above is the best defence from black Thank you

There is a better counter attack known as Tracker Counterattack:

punchdrunkpatzer

At 900 rating, you can play literally anything and you SHOULD play many different openings to explore your personal approach and style. Don't pigeonhole yourself; you should explore as many different pawn structures as you can to familiarize yourself with the tactical possibilities,

Wait until your 1400 until you concentrate on one opening in particular.

AngryPuffer

start with openings with basic ideas and sound principles. Once you get better then go for more complicated sharper openings to outplay and beat your opponent