Forums

can't delete friend

Sort:
x-5459459400

someone added me and i accepted by accident thinking it was a challenge but when i tried to delete him he still remains on my friend list no matter how many times i confirm remove friend

Martin_Stahl
FartChess6969 wrote:

someone added me and i accepted by accident thinking it was a challenge but when i tried to delete him he still remains on my friend list no matter how many times i confirm remove friend

What friend?

And how are you trying? Website or app?

x-5459459400
Martin_Stahl wrote:
FartChess6969 wrote:

What friend?

kumush13, i am on the website and when i click remove friend he remains on my list, maybe this is bug

Martin_Stahl

Does it give any error message?

Martin_Stahl
d4iscrazy wrote:

i don't think you can delete a friend, after all their account can't just go bye bye

You can remove them from your friend list tongue

MCLXVIII
Wow sounds serious especially if there’s something about the person you don’t want to have to deal with there should be an option like Facebook has where you can unfriend or Block Good Luck if anyone finds the solution let me know I don’t have that problem I have a limited amount of friends right now if someone challenges another person does that make them friends ?
RonaldJosephCote

You can't delete that, but you can "un-friend" them.

x-5459459400
Martin_Stahl wrote:
FartChess6969 wrote:

What friend?

no error shows up, what happens is i click "remove friend" and it removes it from my list and then i refresh the page and it shows up on my friend list again, also if i click on the profile it says "add friend" like we are not friends but he shows up in my friend list noi matter now many times i remove lol, it must be a bug (the guy isn't doing anything weird, chess.com just isn't letting me unfriend)

RonaldJosephCote

Maybe clean your computer.....

x-5459459400
RonaldJosephCote wrote:

Maybe clean your computer.....

it must a bug, i unfriend the account but it still shows up on my friend list

Martin_Stahl

Yes, there's another bug that's been reported around friends so it's very likely the two problems are related. Staff are aware.

RonaldJosephCote

I stand corrected.....my apologies Sir. nervous

wintersocks

i'm having the exact same issue right now. i cannot remove friends from my list. i unfriend them but when i refresh the page they reappear in my friend list.

please fix this bug.

PegKnights

Several months ago I was having an issue where I couldn't archive messages. Every time I hit "Archive" the conversation just kept reappearing in my inbox after refreshing. That's fixed now though.

Caitlin_Clark_Fan_Forever

It isn't working for me too

NIGHTMARE09223

One year later and rhis bug still isn't fixed

NIGHTMARE09223

this*

Martin_Stahl
NIGHTMARE09223 wrote:

One year later and rhis bug still isn't fixed

What happens when you try?