Forums

Potential bug on chess.com

Sort:
19-GarbageChess

I have been having some issues regarding playing chess on chess.com.... 

Whenever I try to create a challenge it says- "matchmaking failed pls try again later".... 

I'm unable to play any games.. 

Does anybody have done suggestions..? 

Martin_Stahl
19-GarbageChess wrote:

I have been having some issues regarding playing chess on chess.com....

Whenever I try to create a challenge it says- "matchmaking failed pls try again later"....

I'm unable to play any games..

Does anybody have done suggestions..?

Try clearing your browser cache. If that doesn't help, can you post a screenshot?

19-GarbageChess

That didn't help.. I am considering closing this account.... And here's the screenshot..

GM_Human_000

Exactly same is happening with me please help I tried everything including clear cache and hard refresh etc still not working

Martin_Stahl

Staff are actively looking into potential issues but the more information available, the better. If you try clearing cache and it doesn't help, please post your browser and browser version.

One other possible step is to remove site cookies in case there's a bad value being stored. Alternatively, run under private/incognito and see if you experience the same thing.

Andragon99

I have the same problem with my Brave Browser. I tried with Firefox and it works fine. With Brave browser it started yesterday. I logged off and deleted all browser data like cockies but it still does not work. Brave browser is a chrome based browser with lots of security and privacy settings enabled.

WestCoastTony

Same problem here. I can't get a game using Firefox on Windows 10. I have another computer in the same location running Firefox on Ubuntu and that computer connects fine.

rafal
WestCoastTony wrote:

Same problem here. I can't get a game using Firefox on Windows 10. I have another computer in the same location running Firefox on Ubuntu and that computer connects fine.

can you check browser version on both computers and share here? Whatever the issue is, it's not widespread and affects only a small % of users. We're trying to figure out if it's caused by some specific browser versions.

Andragon99

Not Working Brave Browser Version 1.70.126 Chromium: 129.0.6668.100 (64-Bit)

Working Firefox: 131.0.3 (64-Bit)

19-GarbageChess

I tried the same hack. This time it worked... Used the latest version of Edge... Previously Google Chrome had been giving that err prompt..

This more or less sorts the problem...

It seems to be the browser"s fault....

19-GarbageChess

I did another experiment... The game actually works on the previous versions of chrome just fine...