Forums

Recovering an old account

Sort:
JamesNortonMain

I am trying to reopen my closed chess.com account (by me)
I am not overly bothered about recovering the Elo and everything as the account was closed on Jun 13, 2023. I have tried multiple times to contact support but all it says is if chess.com closed the account, (which they didn't) to check my email. I have also tried emailing support unsuccessfully...

Does anyone know if there is a way to resolve this??

JamesNortonMain

Possibly a Moderator could help such as @MGleason who has assisted me previously

ashvasan
You posted a forum like this in general chess discussion
Martin_Stahl
JamesNortonMain wrote:

I am trying to reopen my closed chess.com account (by me)
I am not overly bothered about recovering the Elo and everything as the account was closed on Jun 13, 2023. I have tried multiple times to contact support but all it says is if chess.com closed the account, (which they didn't) to check my email. I have also tried emailing support unsuccessfully...

Does anyone know if there is a way to resolve this??

Only Staff can open closed accounts. Though if you also have other open accounts, other than this one, it's very likely they won't open it unless you close others.

Only one main and one alt account is allowed with staff approval.

JamesNortonMain

@Martin_Stahl

1. I am very happy to close my alt account to reopen this

2. How do I contact the staff other than the automated support which is telling me to check my email which I have done...

EwingKlipspringer

only cowards need an alt account, staff, titled or otherwise

it's weak

EwingKlipspringer

Yesterday when Anna Cramling announced her Boyfriend the whole forum fell to it's knees.

JamesNortonMain

I'm using it to test learn new openings without tilting Elo but thanks for your input mate grin