Forums

Stolen account

Sort:
AMK11111

Hi, I've been using chess.com for many years. Today I received a notification on my email that there was a suspicious login. Once I opened the site I noticed that someone changed my password and my email address. Now I cannot access my account and the only reason I currently have access is because it is saved on my computer. I tried contacting support but they say that they'll come back to me in a couple of days to my email. This is ridiculous since my email was changed. What can I do? I am also paying user and I am worried of my data.

AMK11111

It is ridiculous. I received an email saying that there is a suspicious activity and advising me to reset my password. Once I click the link to reset it then it is asking me to put my email address which was just changed by the hackers. What can I do in this situation? Why would you allow someone to change not only my password but my email address? When I contact support they answer that they'll come back to me to my new email address in a couple of days. I mean, this is seriously ridiculous. I've been using chess.com for many years and to see what you allow is scary.

Martin_Stahl

I have asked staff but it's possible it still could take a day or two before getting a response.