Forums

I hit 2600 puzzle rating, is that good?

Sort:
sunstonexbox
I’m 1200 in 5 min but I rarely play
It took me two years with 8,855 puzzles.

My favorite part is when I go to work and show them my rating, it’s my way of telling them that they are stupid. 🤤
Fire

I say thats pretty good

I started in February and I'm at 2300

Arisktotle

It's OK if it didn't give you a headache wink.png

Fire

haha

ninjaswat

pretty good but maybe focus a little more on the puzzles? doesn't take that many wink.png I took under 2000...

Circumlocutions
Nice
sunstonexbox
Thx
I think I’ll focus on puzzle rush and playing games.
SnMatteo
2600 is very good, nice work!
marqumax

Well done! You got through the hardest puzzles. I feel like the higher you go the less 'surprising' it gets

LyingRobin

I can't even get past 1400 so I think that's good. 

pmsmison

The algorithm is set up to challenge and I think it does a great job of doing so.  You lose so many more points for a wrong move than you gain for a right move.  This is a good thing.  My highest rating is 24 something so from my perspective, 2600 is amazing.  

Hopefully, the really smart guys are not too juvenile to do anything but encourage you.

Colonialpig

its pretty good.

sunstonexbox
Colonialpig wrote:

its pretty good.

I hit 2800 a while ago happy.png

Mohit_shyamala

I Played more than 10000 puzzles and now at 2971

newbie4711

The highest ratings are around 65000

https://www.chess.com/leaderboard/tactics

So no. 2600 is not good.

Theturkishgigachad
newbie4711 yazdı:

So no. 2600 is not good.

They are probably hacking the system so i think 2600 is good.

tinyavocado420
Theturkishgigachad escribió:
newbie4711 yazdı:

So no. 2600 is not good.

They are probably hacking the system so i think 2600 is good.

i dont really think that 65k is cheating, if u have premium membership u can play infinite puzzles a day, so, if u are really someone with mental health problems and you propose to urself to do that u could get easily a very high-rating, btw i dont know what the max is but still i dont really think max is 65k, but 4k is a very possible rating im on 3k and the puzzles that shows to me are pretty hard most of the time, but every 5 or 6 puzzles one thats very easy shows up, by the moment the max elo challenge that i saw was like 2600, maybe max is 2800, but still to do that puzzles you dont really need to be that elo, with some time normally someone with 1600+ elo can solve them, and sometimes some 2.5k elo puzzles are very easy, not just for me, i think that the system that calculates the elo is very bad cause a puzzle of just 1 move that is so easy to see cant really be 2.6k elo

Amesys
PathOfNerd a écrit :
sunstonexbox wrote:
My favorite part is when I go to work and show them my rating, it’s my way of telling them that they are stupid. 🤤

Puzzle ratings on chess.com mean nothing. Even 3000+ puzzles sometimes are obvious.

On your place I'd better focus on real chess. And in real chess on chess.com you're just a 1200 newbie. Nothing to be proud of.

Before I go I wanna quote one GM. He said once that even a monkey can be trained to play the power of the candidate master. And you're just a 1200 player. Make a conclusion yourself.

Though guy joined the room.

millenion123

Hi,

For me 2600 is really high. You should check your ranking in your country, global ranking is kind of meaningless considering millions of players on chess.com.

I have a rating over 2700 in puzzle (took me years, i'm a not very smart).
I play rarely in classical, I find it a bit stressful. Puzzles are fun and i can take my time.

Would someone please point me to some "must know" openings in white and black ? I don't have a subscription plan.

Thank you.

CoreyDevinPerich
Anything over 2535 is unbelievable!!