Forums

Solve Puzzles

Sort:
StudyMaster156

Hi there guys! Let us try to solve some puzzles.

StudyMaster156
StudyMaster156
White can checkmate in 1 move. Write your options in the comments. The correct answer will be at the end of the video. This puzzle is only for top chess people. See if you can solve it! Thank you.
StudyMaster156

You can do one more move in this puzzle. Check it out!

StudyMaster156
Solve it guys!
StudyMaster156
Arisktotle

#2 has no solution - considering that the bishop on f5 is illegal if white plays top to bottom and the smothered mate fails if he plays bottom to top.

#3 has several solutions though not in 1 move.

StudyMaster156

Bro, just check the solutions

StudyMaster156

Who is stopping me from doing Nd3# or Nf3#???

Drummer_GD_Elijah
Arisktotle wrote:

#2 has no solution - considering that the bishop on f5 is illegal if white plays top to bottom and the smothered mate fails if he plays bottom to top.

#3 has several solutions though not in 1 move.

That doesn't make any sense at all lol #2 absolutely works, at least with black to move, which it is. What do you mean by "if white plays top to bottom and the smothered mate fails if he plays bottom to top" I don't understand what you're talking about with all this top to bottom and bottom to top stuff

#3 only has one solution, Nd3#. And by the way, I checked all the positions with the engine. They are all correct.

Drummer_GD_Elijah
StudyMaster156 wrote:

Who is stopping me from doing Nd3# or Nf3#???

Nd3 is checkmate. Nf3 is not checkmate, and the engine says -M12 after that because Nxf3 is playable.

StudyMaster156

You mean that horse-queen one?

Drummer_GD_Elijah
StudyMaster156 wrote:

You mean that horse-queen one?

I don't know what you mean by horse-queen, but are you referring to the smothered mate pattern in #2? The solution is correct.

StudyMaster156

No, I meant that discovered check to white one

Drummer_GD_Elijah

In #6, you annotated 5...a1=Q a blunder, however you did take note that it was forced, so it can't be a blunder. Also it can't be a puzzle because you could promote to any piece, not just a queen, and white would still checkmate.

StudyMaster156

Should I give you more puzzles?

Drummer_GD_Elijah
StudyMaster156 wrote:

No, I meant that discovered check to white one

😂 Can you use chess notation or an inserted diagram please? I don't know what position you're talking about.

StudyMaster156

Yeah I was gonna mention that but I forgot. Sorry

Drummer_GD_Elijah
StudyMaster156 wrote:

Should I give you more puzzles?

Sure, go ahead! I've enjoyed them, even if I already know the patterns, I still love solving puzzles.

StudyMaster156

Wana be friends?