Forums

Give us the option to opt out of playing against new accounts

Sort:
pussonthechessboard

New accounts are more often than not, cheaters or smurfs. Both are an incredibly frustrating experience. Pretty much everytime I play, I run into this exact experience. Playing against an account made "1 hour ago" is almost unilaterally a very negative experience.

How is this not considered a bigger issue. In other competitive games, there are significantly more barriers to entry? 
In League of legends you need to be level 30 before playing ranked, which equates to roughly about ~100 hours of gameplay. In Dota 2 you need 100 hours of unrated gameplay and a verififed phone number. Smurfing is a bannable offense in Dota with both your smurf and main accounts being banned when caught. 
In this game, I can boot up a new account start cheating right away or terrorizing ratings where I do not belong instantly. Mind you, you can close your own account before you get caught cheating. This leads to way too many low quality games.

pussonthechessboard

Bump

SacrifycedStoat
So, a real account would have to wait a few days before playing online if everyone does this?
Nobodyuno
new accounts could play each other for first dozen or so games.
David_Mary

You have the option. It's called abort.

pussonthechessboard
David_Mary wrote:

You have the option. It's called abort.

I primarily play bullet. This is not a real solution for me to lose time checking every single players profile before I play.

pussonthechessboard
SacrifycedStoat wrote:
So, a real account would have to wait a few days before playing online if everyone does this?

Everyone wouldn't do this, especially not at an ELO that a genuinely new player would be playing at - 1200 and below.

V_Awful_Chess

You can do this already in daily chess. Just play that if it's such a big deal to you.

David_Mary

Suggesting daily instead to a bullet player is like suggesting tai chi to a boxer.

pussonthechessboard
V_Awful_Chess wrote:

You can do this already in daily chess. Just play that if it's such a big deal to you.

This is a big deal to not just me, but many players. In fact this issue more than likely has impacted you at one point or another, whether you realize it or not.